Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rakesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/18 14:07:46 UTC

Apache Cassandra's license terms

What type of Open source license does Cassandra follow?  If we use
open source Cassandra for a revenue generating product, are we
expected to contribute back our code to the open source.

thanks

Re: Apache Cassandra's license terms

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@uwaterloo.ca>.
Cassandra is under the Apache license (
https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0). IANAL, but I don't believe
you are required contribute your changes. Of course, that's always
appreciated by the community :)

https://tldrlegal.com/license/apache-license-2.0-(apache-2.0)

--
Michael Mior