Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca> on 2004/11/01 15:57:12 UTC

Re: login config JAAS problem 2.1b2 mac osx / linux

Oliver,

Not a problem. I just had a look into the two files this morning and
made an adjustment that should make things work regardless if the
CATALINA_HOME is set prior to running the startup.sh or if it is set
during the execution of the catalina.sh script.

I basically moved the following line from startup.sh to catalina.sh for
the fix.

export CATALINA_OPTS="${CATALINA_OPTS}
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/jaas.config"

It may be possible to integrate this with the options being set in the
"if -security" block in catalina.sh, but I don't know enough about what
those options are.

Files are attached.

Tim

Re: Newbie

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.
You have the same problem I did with JAAS

check the 'login config JAAS problem 2.1b2 mac osx / linux' thread

In particular - Tim's last message

Newbie

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.
You're going to kill me...
Anyways Tim's changes worked... it seems that I forgot that I changed
the jaas.config file from its default.

I really appreciate your help (and everyone elses)

Thanks

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.
Hey Oliver,

Here is what I got:

Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

> [...]
>>>#
>>>#   JPDA_ADDRESS    (Optional) Java runtime options used when the "jpda start"
>>>#                   command is executed. The default is 8000.
>>>#
>>>#   JSSE_HOME       (Optional) May point at your Java Secure Sockets Extension
>>>#                   (JSSE) installation, whose JAR files will be added to the
>>>#                   system class path used to start Tomcat.
>>>#
>>>#   CATALINA_PID    (Optional) Path of the file which should contains the pid
>>>#                   of catalina startup java process, when start (fork) is used
>>>#
>>># $Id: catalina.sh,v 1.13.2.1 2004/08/21 15:49:49 yoavs Exp $
>>># -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>># OS specific support.  $var _must_ be set to either true or false.

>>> link=`expr "$ls" : '.*-> \(.*\)$'`
> [...]
>>>   "$_RUNJAVA" $JAVA_OPTS $CATALINA_OPTS \
>>>     -Djava.endorsed.dirs="$JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS" -classpath "$CLASSPATH" \
>>>     -Djava.security.manager \
>>>     -Djava.security.policy=="$CATALINA_BASE"/conf/catalina.policy \
>>>     -Dcatalina.base="$CATALINA_BASE" \
>>>     -Dcatalina.home="$CATALINA_HOME" \
>>>     -Djava.io.tmpdir="$CATALINA_TMPDIR" \
>>>     org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@" start \
>>>     >> "$CATALINA_BASE"/logs/catalina.out 2>&1 &
>>>
>>>     if [ ! -z "$CATALINA_PID" ]; then
>>>       echo $! > $CATALINA_PID
>>>     fi
>>> else
>>>   "$_RUNJAVA" $JAVA_OPTS $CATALINA_OPTS \
>>>     -Djava.endorsed.dirs="$JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS" -classpath "$CLASSPATH" \
>>>     -Dcatalina.base="$CATALINA_BASE" \
>>>     -Dcatalina.home="$CATALINA_HOME" \
>>>     -Djava.io.tmpdir="$CATALINA_TMPDIR" \
>>>     org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@" start \
>>>     >> "$CATALINA_BASE"/logs/catalina.out 2>&1 &

>>> FORCE=0
>>> if [ "$1" = "-force" ]; then
>>>   shift
>>>   FORCE=1
>>> fi
>>>
>>> "$_RUNJAVA" $JAVA_OPTS $CATALINA_OPTS \
>>>   -Djava.endorsed.dirs="$JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS" -classpath "$CLASSPATH" \
>>>   -Dcatalina.base="$CATALINA_BASE" \
>>>   -Dcatalina.home="$CATALINA_HOME" \
>>>   -Djava.io.tmpdir="$CATALINA_TMPDIR" \
>>>   org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@" stop
>>>
>>> if [ $FORCE -eq 1 ]; then
>>>   if [ ! -z "$CATALINA_PID" ]; then
>>>      echo "Killing: `cat $CATALINA_PID`"
>>>      kill -9 `cat $CATALINA_PID`
>>>   fi
>>> fi
>>>
>>>elif [ "$1" = "version" ] ; then
>>>
>>>   "$_RUNJAVA"   \
>>>     -classpath "$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/catalina.jar" \
>>>     org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo
>>>
>>>else
>>>
>>> echo "Usage: catalina.sh ( commands ... )"
>>> echo "commands:"
>>> if $os400; then
>>>   echo "  debug             Start Catalina in a debugger (not available on OS400)"
>>>   echo "  debug -security   Debug Catalina with a security manager (not available on OS400)"
>>> else
>>>   echo "  debug             Start Catalina in a debugger"
>>>   echo "  debug -security   Debug Catalina with a security manager"
>>> fi
>>> echo "  jpda start        Start Catalina under JPDA debugger"
>>> echo "  run               Start Catalina in the current window"
>>> echo "  run -security     Start in the current window with security manager"
>>> echo "  start             Start Catalina in a separate window"
>>> echo "  start -security   Start in a separate window with security manager"
>>> echo "  stop              Stop Catalina"
>>> echo "  stop -force       Stop Catalina (followed by kill -KILL)"
>>> echo "  version           What version of tomcat are you running?"
>>> exit 1
>>>
>>>fi

>>>#!/bin/sh
>>># -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>># Start Script for the CATALINA Server
>>>#
>>># $Id: startup.sh,v 1.3 2002/08/04 18:19:43 patrickl Exp $
>>># -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>># resolve links - $0 may be a softlink
>>>PRG="$0"
>>>
>>>while [ -h "$PRG" ] ; do
>>> ls=`ls -ld "$PRG"`

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.
Hey Tim and Oliver,

Even with the new .sh files, (what I think) the correct jaas config in
server.xml, the jaas.config itself; I'm still getting the following error:

[...]

Is there anything else that needs to be modified?