Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Jie Zhou (周杰)" <ji...@allyes.com> on 2013/05/20 23:23:10 UTC

答复: Unable to stop Thrift Server

The direct solution is that first find the pid of hive service and then just kill  it.
netstat -anp |grep 10000

kill -9 pid
________________________________
From: Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>>
Date: Monday, May 20, 2013 2:03 PM
To: Hive <us...@hive.apache.org>>, User <us...@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Unable to stop Thrift Server

Hi,

I was not able to stopThrift Server after performing the following steps.

$ bin/hive --service hiveserver &
Starting Hive Thrift Server

$ netstat -nl | grep 10000
tcp 0 0 :::10000 :::* LISTEN

I gave the following to stop. but not working.

hive --service hiveserver --action stop 10000

How can I stop this service?

Thanks,
Raj

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

Request perm to edit wiki

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Hi

I'd like to add documentation on how to use LZO compression in Hive

May I get edit permissions?

Thanks.

Sanjay

Confluence username: sanjaysubramanian@yahoo.com<ma...@yahoo.com>

Apache JIRA username - sanjaysubramanian

From: Lefty Leverenz <le...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:12 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: LZO compression implementation in Hive

You can email hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org<ma...@hadoop.apache.org> asking for edit privileges on the Hive wiki.
Here's an example from the archives<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-dev/201304.mbox/%3cCAKHgJS42yQqj54RC8YvzGXbUbiEs7mpV9fDofq2Z3Onfo67zwg@mail.gmail.com%3e>.

Once you have permission, you can use the Edit and Add symbols in the upper right corner of each wiki page.

For page location, I'd have to think it over and check the existing docs.  Initial thoughts:

  *   The Language Manual<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual> has a placeholder for file formats which only contains ORC files now.
  *   Perhaps the DDL section is more appropriate.  If so, add a subbullet on the Language Manual page.
  *   If you don't want it in the Language Manual, just put it on the home page<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Home> and add a link under User Documentation.
  *   As long as it's somewhere in the Hive wiki tree, the apparent organization can be changed by adding/removing links.
  *   Many people don't pay attention to the page structure, they just google the topic they're looking for.

– Lefty

:-) Not sure how to add a page…may be the Admin needs to grant me permission

From: Sanjay Subramanian <sa...@wizecommerce.com>>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2013 11:50 PM

To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>

Sure…would love to add the LZO compression in Hive
Is there a specific page structure u want me to add  to in confluence?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dashboard.action>

thanks
sanjay

From: Lefty Leverenz <le...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2013 7:08 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>

Perhaps you'd like to write up your insights in the Hive wiki, and others could add their insights.  Then the information would be available to all, immediately.

– Lefty

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Ramki Palle <ra...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Sanjay,

Can you quickly give your insights on thip topic, if possible?

Regards,
Ramki.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>> wrote:
Hi Programming Hive Book authors

Maybe a lot of u have already successfully implemented this but only these last two weeks , we implemented our aggregations using LZO compression in Hive - MR jobs creating LZO files as Input for Hive ---> Therafter Hive aggregations creating more LZO files as output.
As usual nothing was straight forward :-)  Also the other challenge was to neatly tie all into actions in Oozie workflows….but after being underwater for weeks I think I am able to  rise above water and breathe !

In the next version of the book , If u guys r planning to add detailed sections on using lzo compression in Hive , let me know…my experiences might be useful :-)

Thanks

sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================

Request perm to edit wiki

Request perm to edit wiki

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
I'd like to add documentation on how to use LZO compression in Hive

Can I get edit permissions?

Thanks.

Sanjay

username: sanjaysubramanian@yahoo.com

Re: LZO compression implementation in Hive

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@hortonworks.com>.
You can email hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org asking for edit privileges on the
.

Re: Errors in one Hive script using LZO compression

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Yes I am going to start debugging from the inner query working my way outwards….starting tomorrow AM… :-)

From: Sanjay Subramanian <sa...@wizecommerce.com>>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2013 11:59 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Errors in one Hive script using LZO compression

Hi

I am using LZO compression in our scripts but one script is still creating errors

Diagnostic Messages for this Task:
Error: java.io.IOException: java.io.EOFException: Premature EOF from inputStream
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.io.HiveIOExceptionHandlerChain.handleRecordReaderCreationException(HiveIOExceptionHandlerChain.java:97)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.io.HiveIOExceptionHandlerUtil.handleRecordReaderCreationException(HiveIOExceptionHandlerUtil.java:57)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.getRecordReader(HiveInputFormat.java:243)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.CombineHiveInputFormat.getRecordReader(CombineHiveInputFormat.java:522)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$TrackedRecordReader.<init>(MapTask.java:160)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:381)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:152)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1332)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:147)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Premature EOF from inputStream
        at com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopInputStream.readFully(LzopInputStream.java:75)
        at com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopInputStream.readHeader(LzopInputStream.java:114)
        at com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopInputStream.<init>(LzopInputStream.java:54)
        at com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopCodec.createInputStream(LzopCodec.java:83)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1871)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.initialize(SequenceFile.java:1765)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1714)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1728)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileRecordReader.<init>(SequenceFileRecordReader.java:49)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileInputFormat.getRecordReader(SequenceFileInputFormat.java:64)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.getRecordReader(HiveInputFormat.java:240)
        ... 9 more

SCRIPT
=======
set hiveconf mapred.output.compression.type=BLOCK;
set mapred.map.output.compression.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec;
set mapreduce.map.output.compress=true;
set hive.exec.compress.output=true;
set mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress.codec=com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopCodec;
set mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress=true;
set hive.exec.compress.intermediate=true;
set mapreduce.job.maps=500;
set mapreduce.job.reduces=8;
set mapreduce.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum=12;
set mapreduce.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum=8;
add jar /home/nextag/sasubramanian/mycode/impressions/jar/impressions-hiveudfs-1.0-20130615-155038.jar;
create temporary function collect  as 'com.wizecommerce.utils.hive.udf.GenericUDAFCollect';
create temporary function isnextagip  as 'com.wizecommerce.utils.hive.udf.IsNextagIP';
create temporary function isfrombot  as 'com.wizecommerce.utils.hive.udf.IsFromBot';
create temporary function processblankkeyword  as 'com.wizecommerce.utils.hive.udf.ProcessBlankKeyword';
create temporary function getValidHiddenSellers as 'com.wizecommerce.utils.hive.udf.GetValidHiddenSellers';
INSERT OVERWRITE DIRECTORY '/user/beeswax/warehouse/keyword_impressions_ptitles_log/2013-03-19'
SELECT
     hp.header_date,
     hp.impression_id,
     hp.header_searchsessionid,
     hp.cached_visit_id,
     split(hp.header_servername,'[\.]')[0],
     hp.cached_ip,
     hp.header_adnode,
     IF (concat_ws(',' , collect_set(concat_ws('|', cast(hp.seller_id as STRING), cast(IF(hp.seller_pricetier IS NULL, -1L, hp.seller_pricetier) as STRING), cast(hp.seller_price as STRING), cast(IF(hp.ptitle_rank IS  NULL, -1L, hp.ptitle_rank) as STRING)))) = '-1|-1',NULL,concat_ws(',' , collect_set(concat_ws('|', cast(hp.seller_id as STRING), cast(IF(hp.seller_pricetier IS NULL, -1L, hp.seller_pricetier) as STRING), cast(hp.seller_price as STRING), cast(IF(hp.ptitle_rank IS  NULL, -1L, hp.ptitle_rank) as STRING))))),
     IF(concat_ws(',' , getValidHiddenSellers(collect_set(concat_ws('|', cast(sh.seller_id as STRING), cast(sh.ptitle_id as STRING), cast(sh.tag_id as STRING), cast(IF(sh.price_tier IS NULL, -1L, sh.price_tier) as STRING))))) = '',NULL, concat_ws(',' , getValidHiddenSellers(collect_set(concat_ws('|', cast(sh.seller_id as STRING), cast(sh.ptitle_id as STRING), cast(sh.tag_id as STRING), cast(IF(sh.price_tier IS NULL, -1L, sh.price_tier) as STRING))))))
FROM
     (SELECT
          h.header_date,
          h.header_servername,
          h.impression_id,
          h.header_searchsessionid,
          h.cached_visit_id,
          h.cached_ip,
          h.header_adnode,
          p.ptitle_ptitleid,
          p.seller_id,
          p.seller_pricetier,
          p.seller_price,
          p.ptitle_rank
     FROM
          (SELECT
               header_date,
               header_servername,
               impression_id,
               header_searchsessionid,
               cached_ip,
               header_adnode,
               cached_recordid,
               cached_visit_id
           FROM
                outpdir_impressions_header
           WHERE
              header_date_partition='2013-03-19'
           AND
              header_rbabsentsellers = 1L
           AND
              cached_recordid IS NOT NULL
           AND
              isnextagip(cached_ip) = FALSE
           AND
              isfrombot(cached_visit_id) = FALSE
          ) h
     LEFT OUTER JOIN
          (SELECT
               po.impression_id,
               po.ptitle_ptitleid,
               po.header_date,
               po.seller_id,
               po.seller_pricetier,
               po.seller_price,
               po.ptitle_rank
           FROM
               (SELECT
                    impression_id,
                    ptitle_ptitleid,
                    header_date,
                    seller_id,
                    seller_pricetier,
                    seller_price,
                    ptitle_rank
                FROM
                    outpdir_impressions_ptitle
                WHERE
                    header_date_partition = '2013-03-19'
                AND
                    seller_id IS NOT NULL
                )  po
           JOIN
               (SELECT
                    impression_id,
                    ptitle_ptitleid,
                    ptitle_rank,
                    COUNT(DISTINCT seller_id, seller_pricetier, seller_price, ptitle_rank)
                FROM
                    outpdir_impressions_ptitle pi
                WHERE
                    header_date_partition = '2013-03-19'
                AND
                    seller_id IS NOT NULL
                GROUP BY
                    impression_id,
                    ptitle_ptitleid,
                    ptitle_rank
                HAVING
                    COUNT(DISTINCT seller_id, seller_pricetier, seller_price, ptitle_rank)  = 1
                ) pi
           ON
               po.impression_id = pi.impression_id
           AND
               po.ptitle_ptitleid = pi.ptitle_ptitleid
           AND
               po.ptitle_rank = pi.ptitle_rank
          ) p
     ON
          h.impression_id = p.impression_id
     AND
          h.header_date=p.header_date
     ) hp
LEFT OUTER JOIN
     (SELECT
           *
      FROM
           outpdir_seller_hidden
      WHERE
          header_date_partition='2013-03-19'
     ) sh
ON
     hp.impression_id = sh.impression_id
AND
     hp.header_date = sh.header_date
GROUP BY
     hp.header_date,
     hp.impression_id,
     hp.header_searchsessionid,
     hp.cached_visit_id,
     hp.header_servername,
     hp.cached_ip,
     hp.header_adnode

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Ok guys I solved it in not so elegant way but I need to go forward in production and deploy this because of time constraints :-)

I divided the scripts into two stages
Stage 1 : The hive script creates TXT files and writes to HDFS
Stage 2 : I wrote a Lzo file creator and indexer that will convert the TXT files on HDFS to .lzo and .lzo.index

I still don't know what makes this specific hive script throw this error….but I got to keep going ahead….

Perhaps if anyone can shed more light on this error in the future , I will STILL be interested in knowing the root cause

Thanks

sanjay

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Ramki Palle <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjay,

Re: 答复: Unable to stop Thrift Server

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Hi,

I had to do a kill -9. I am very surprised even 'Programming Hive' book has not given details on how to stop the thrift service. It just metioned on how to start.

Thanks,
Raj