Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Prashant Kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/15 06:34:39 UTC

GSOC 2016

Sir/Mam,
     My name is Prashant Kumar and I am 3rd year b.tech student of Netaji
Subhash Engineering College, Kolkata.
I am interested in GSOC 2016 and would like to contribute to your projects
using C, C++ languages. I love coding and have participated in competetions
like Codevita.
It would be very helpful if I could be guided on how to get started and
 what kind of projects are to be started this year.
Looking forward to your reply. Thank you

Re: GSOC 2016

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Prashant Kumar wrote on 2/15/16 12:34 AM:
> Sir/Mam,
>      My name is Prashant Kumar and I am 3rd year b.tech student of Netaji
> Subhash Engineering College, Kolkata.
> I am interested in GSOC 2016 and would like to contribute to your projects
> using C, C++ languages. I love coding and have participated in competetions
> like Codevita.
> It would be very helpful if I could be guided on how to get started and
>  what kind of projects are to be started this year.
> Looking forward to your reply. Thank you

The GSoC application process for students doesn't start until 14 March.
While mentoring organizations haven't formally been announced, we expect
the ASF and a number of our Apache projects to be participating -
however we don't have that list ready yet.

The best thing to do now is review the GSoC site for the process:

https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/

If you want to start looking at what different projects are at the ASF,
you can browse our projects directory - but note, only some projects
will be participating in the formal GSoC program:

https://projects.apache.org/

Thanks for your interest and good luck!

- Shane