Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fa...@mpsa.com on 2005/08/25 11:32:26 UTC

Réf. : Re: [ m2 ] stack trace printed in log when dependency not found?

Hi Kenney,

For the 'none', I better understand now. That's because I added JARs to my
m2 repo manually (as they were not on the web). So where do I need to
specify the status of the JARs I put in my local repo?

As for the stack trace, I don't run m2 with -e nor -X, so that's why I find
it weird to see it in the log...

Thanks for help!

Best Regards / Cordialement,
Fabrice BELLINGARD
DINQ/DSIN/INSI/EATE/IDVS/AIDV
(+33) (01 61) 45 15 91  -  fabrice.belingard@mpsa.com

             Kenney Westerhof
             <forge@neonics.c
             om>                                                      Pour
                                       Maven Users List
             25/08/2005 10:59          <us...@maven.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                 Veuillez                                            Objet
                répondre à             Re: [ m2 ] stack trace printed in
             Maven Users List          log when dependency not found?
             <users@maven.apa
                 che.org>

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 fabrice.belingard@mpsa.com wrote:

You didn't run m2 with -e or -X by any chance?

Btw, it doesn't try to download the artifact itself, but the pom:

[INFO] commons-dbcp: updating metadata due to status of 'none'

That's a 'new' feature: it checks poms with certain status each day to see
if they're updated (possible pom statusses are 'deployed', 'converted',
'verified' (and none)).

It shouldn't print a stacktrace when neither -X or -e has been supplied,
though.

-- Kenney

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using of the latest m2 builds (20050824.111500).
> I've just discovered that when m2 tries to download a dependency and
can't
> find it on any remote repository, it prints a stack trace (see below) in
> the log. In my case, the dependency exists in the local repository, so
the
> buld is successful.
>
> So my question is: should that stack trace be printed in the log?
>
> Cheers,
> Fabrice.
>
> ------------- PART OF THE LOG -------------
>
> [INFO] commons-dbcp: updating metadata due to status of 'none'
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-dbcp/commons-dbcp/1.1-dev/com
> mons-dbcp-1.1-dev.pom
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
> Downloading: /commons-dbcp/commons-dbcp/1.1-dev/commons-dbcp-1.1-dev.pom
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository
> [WARNING] Error updating POM - using existing version
> org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolutionException: Unable to
> download the artifact from any repository
> commons-dbcp:commons-dbcp:1.1-dev:pom from the specified remote
> repositories: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2,
>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:127)

>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveAlways(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:69)

>         at

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:351)

>         at

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:306)

>         at

org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.retrieve(MavenMetadataSource.java:84)

>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.recurse(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:186)

>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.collect(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:70)

>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:192)

>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:180)

>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:151)

>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.resolveTransitiveDependencies(DefaultPluginManager.java:1182)

>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:312)

>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)

>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:451)

>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:437)

>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)

>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:131)

>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:186)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:316)
>         at

>         at

>         at
>         at
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable
> download the artifact from any repository
>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:233)

>         at

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:110)

>         ... 26 more

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key