Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Harold <tg...@tgharold.com> on 2006/10/18 02:34:26 UTC

Re: Search all revisions for a string (web interfaces to SVN repositories)

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Correct, there is currently no way to search the contents of files in a
> repository. You can check out a working copy of the relevant part of the
> repository and search that using local tools. Or you can install a
> web-based repository viewer which contains a search and indexing
> feature. I'm not sure which web-based repository viewers offer this.

A Dec 2005 listing with information on each tool:

http://geekswithblogs.net/flanakin/articles/CompareSubversionWebTools.aspx

Chlora still looks interesting, but seems to be on a slow development
schedule (next release in 2007).  Not exactly sure what version of SVN
it supports.

mod_svn_view seems to be abandoned?  Last announce e-mail was back in
mid-2005.  URL: http://svn.outoforder.cc/

SVN::Web is still active, last updated Aug 2006

ViewVC last updated in Oct 2006 (http://www.viewvc.org/)

There are also 2 other recommendations posted in the last few months at
that blog:

Bounty Source SVN Browser (no URL given)

Sventon, which is java-based (http://sventon.berlios.de), but I'm not
sure it fits what we're looking for.

 From a cursory look, I didn't see any that specifically indicated the
ability to search for text.  I suspect you'd have to marry up the
browser with an indexing service for Apache.

Guess I'll look at some of these later.