Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James <ho...@outofcontrol.ca> on 2007/02/05 20:17:56 UTC

Handling of Revision numbers when merging repos

Hello,

I am in the middle of testing the merger of about 10 repositories
into one, each within a new parent directory. Is there some
documentation on how the revision numbers are handled.

For example, when I did a test merger, I have a new revision number
of 30. Does that number come simply from the repository that had the
most number of revisions (up to 30 in this case), or does it take the
last revision number for the new repository from the first or last
repository merged in.

During a merger it appears that each files Last revision number is
maintained, is this correct? Or are there some cases when a Last
revision number for a file might be modified.

Thanks

James

Re: Handling of Revision numbers when merging repos

Posted by James <ho...@outofcontrol.ca>.
Thanks for the info. I will check out the script too.

Cheers

James Riordon
Hosting | Webdesign | PHP | DTP

Out of Control Image enr