Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jim Barnett <Ji...@genesyslab.com> on 2012/03/07 22:53:24 UTC

Using Schema 1.1 with SourceValidator example.

On the faq page for XML Schema
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xs.html is the following:

"You can also refer to the JAXP sample, SourceValidator, where you can
validate XML documents against 1.1 schemas by specifying the "-xsd11"
flag when running the sample."

However when I try the following, I get told that -xsd11 is an unknown
option :

java -cp D:\xerces\xerces-2_11_0\xercesSamples.jar  jaxp.SourceValidator
-xsd11 -a <someschema.xsd >-i <someinputfile> -f

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Using Schema 1.1 with SourceValidator example.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Sanity check... Did you download [1] the stable version of Xerces-J 2.11.0
or the XML Schema 1.1 beta version of 2.11.0?

You need the XML Schema 1.1 beta binary package.

Thanks.

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#binary

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development