Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net> on 2005/05/27 14:03:04 UTC

Re: whitelist

I may well be wrong, but I didn't think you could put more than one host
identifier on a single whitelist_from command.  So what you showed would
take 4 lines.

> whitelist_from *@flybe.com *@bmi.com *.apache.org *.exim.org

whitelist_from *@flybe.com
whitelist_from *@bmi.com
whitelist_from *.apache.org
whitelist_from *.exim.org

        Loren

Re: whitelist

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Loren Wilton wrote:
> I may well be wrong, but I didn't think you could put more than one
> host identifier on a single whitelist_from command.  So what you
> showed would take 4 lines.
>
> > whitelist_from *@flybe.com *@bmi.com *.apache.org *.exim.org
>
> whitelist_from *@flybe.com
> whitelist_from *@bmi.com
> whitelist_from *.apache.org
> whitelist_from *.exim.org

Nope.  (Unless something has changed for 3.x.)  I've sucessfully used
multi-entry whitelist_from lines since ~2.30 or so (when I started using
SA).

(On the other hand, I seem to have managed to avoid any number of other
odd problems that other people have reported as well.  <g>)

whitelist_from_rcvd *is* one "entry" per line, due to requiring both an
email address glob, and an rDNS glob or pattern.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!