Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "Chamberland, Martin" <Ma...@fadq.qc.ca> on 2020/05/12 18:00:24 UTC

Media server is not accessible (trying to fix and watch)

[cid:banner1.jpg]

One of our users re receive that message  when trying to enable his camera and mic.
We fix the problem restarting completely Tomcat with  "/etc/init.d/tomcat3 restart"

2 questions here: (we are gonna look in the catalina.out log and try to find the cause, but).

Is there another process (only) we can restart beside restart Tomcat ?
We'v try  /etc/init.d/kurento-media-server   without success.

Is there some process for MediaServer that we can watch (with Nagios) to make sure it's up and running and ca react before users find the problem.

Thank's

Martin C.

Re: Media server is not accessible (trying to fix and watch)

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin.

El 14/5/20 a las 16:12, Chamberland, Martin escribió:

> imap://jamc60%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/Openmeetings%3E3195?header=quotebody&part=1.2&filename=banner1.jpg
>
> Hi Juan,
>
> Here what i have on my server,  is that correct ?
>
> sudo systemctl | grep turn
>
> coturn.service                             loaded active running
> LSB: coturn TURN Server
>
> planb@vlssiopen2:~$ sudo systemctl status coturn.service
>
> ● coturn.service - LSB: coturn TURN Server
>
> Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/coturn; generated)
>
> Active: active (running) since Tue 2020-05-12 16:43:45 EDT; 1 day 17h ago
>
> Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
>
> Tasks: 15 (limit: 4915)
>
> CGroup: /system.slice/coturn.service
>
> └─917 /usr/bin/turnserver -c /etc/turnserver.conf -o –v

Yes, it seems correct. I think your instance of the turn server is running.

> It’s not exactly the same thing as your installation.
>
> Now, we are looking to verify with  Nagios if that service is always
> running.
>
> bye

             └─324799 /usr/bin/turnserver -c /etc/turnserver/turnserver.conf -o -v

may 10 19:00:01 vmi378786.contaboserver.net systemd[1]: Starting STUN and TURN relay server for VoIP and WebRTC...
may 10 19:00:01 vmi378786.contaboserver.net systemd[1]: Started STUN and TURN relay server for VoIP and WebRTC.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
OM restart was required due to this bug
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-2331
since M5 - KMS can be restarted separately

TURN is "external" service for us, so it can be restarted any time

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Media server is not accessible (trying to fix and watch)

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin.