Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2005/05/19 20:56:34 UTC

Re: [Fwd: [commons-email] RFC about improving the code ....]

This is interesting; I've just recently been thinking about asking
the community if there would be interest in adjusting commons-email
so that there was a "Sender" API.  I'm not quite sure how we would
re-engineer it in a backwards compatible way, but I'm interested in
an architecture which prevents my development team from accidentally
thinking that it's OK to send a message directly in an app; instead,
they'd have to use the Sender Implementation.

This would then enable dropping in an implementation which didn't
actually send the message, as in for example a test or development
environment.

If there's interest in this, does anyone have a strategy for doing
it?  It is a little late to remove the "send()" method, although I
suppose it could be deprecated.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska