Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Manolescu, Radu (IT)" <Ra...@MorganStanley.com> on 2008/06/05 17:14:43 UTC

WSDLToJava Error | xmldsig-core-schema.xsd | Connection timed out

I am trying to generate client code from a WSDL file, and I am getting
the error below.
My WSDL references an XSD (authored by our counterpart) which references
the public file "oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd", which
references the public file "xmldsig-core-schema.xsd".
I tried to use Eclipse to validate the WSDL and XSD files, and when
Eclipse complained that it could not read some XSD files, I downloaded
them locally and changed the "schemaLocation" references accordingly.

The last errors, which I cannot seem to be able to remove, are:

*	"oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd" does not pass
Eclipse validation. Eclipse complains about being unable to read
"xmldsig-core-schema.xsd", whether that file is referenced locally or
from the Internet
*	when using Ant to call wsdl2java to generate the client, I get
the exception below. Which program is trying to connect, and where? Is
Ant trying to download files from the Internet while parsing
"xmldsig-core-schema.xsd"?. If so, how can I make it connect? Define a
proxy somewhere? Download the dependencies locally?

wsdl2java:

[java] WSDLToJava Error : java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to create
wsdl definition from :
file:/U:/NonVerConPrj/MyProj/src/ide-bin/etc/Nodal.wsdl

[java] Caused by : WSDLException (at
/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xs:schema/xsd:schema/xsd:schema):
faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing
'file:/U:/NonVerConPrj/MyProj/src/ide-bin/etc/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd'.:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Public file references:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secex
t-1.0.xsd, saved locally as oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd
<http://www.docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-
secext-1.0.xsd>  (attached)

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd, saved locally
as xmldsig-core-schema.xsd
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd>  (attached)

http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd, saved locally as xml.xsd
<http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd>

Thanks,

Radu Manolescu
Morgan Stanley | Technology
2000 Westchester Ave, 1st Floor | Purchase, NY  10577
Phone: +1 914 225-5871
Mobile: +1 203 648-6964
Radu.Manolescu@MorganStanley.com

RE: WSDLToJava Error | xmldsig-core-schema.xsd | Connection timed out

Posted by "McClelland, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
Can you send your WSDL(s)?

________________________________

Radu.Manolescu@MorganStanley.com<ma...@MorganStanley.com>

RE: WSDLToJava Error | xmldsig-core-schema.xsd | Connection timed out

Posted by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
I recommend not touching the "schemaLocation" settings.  You can
override this externally with an
XML catalog, which can redirect to a local copy.   In Eclipse:
Window=>Preferences=>Web and XML=>XML Catalog, then press "Add".

Also see:

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/XMLCatalog/XMLCatalo
gTutorial.html

   -Chris

________________________________

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jun 5, 2008, at 5:09 PM, Manolescu, Radu (IT) wrote:

> This was due to a firewall issue. By adding proxy information to the
> wsdl2java command line, I was able to move on to more challenging
> error
> messages:
>
> java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myProxy.myCompany.com
> -DproxyPort=myPort org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava -d ..
> FileName.wsdl
>
> Now I am battling "body part" errors such as:
>
> In a port, operations must have unique operation signaure on the wire
> for successful dispatch.
> In port {http://www.myCo.com/wsdl/2007-06/abcd/efgh}HttpEndPoint,
> Operations
> "{http://www.myCo.com/wsdl/2007-06/abcd/efgh}Op1" and
> "{http://www.myCo.com/wsdl/2007-06/abcd/efgh}Op2"
> have the same request body block
> {http://www.myCo.com/schema/2007-06/abcd/ews/message}RequestMessage
>
> I assume that we need to contact the web service provider and ask them
> to modify the WSDL to have unique signatures for each operation.

Yea.   Most likely.

I've thought about loosening this a little bit, just haven't had
time.   Right now, we don't check the SOAPAction stuff when we spit
out that error.   In theory, if the soapactions are unique, we can
dispatch on it instead of the element name in the body.   The runtime
already supports doing that, but the tooling doesn't take that into
account as it strictly evaluates the rules from the WSI-BP compliance
stuff.   Doing so would require digging into the binding a bit though
instead of just looking at the logical structures.    Not a huge deal,
but it would require a little bit of work.

Dan

Re: CXF Soap Attachments vs MTOM

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Definitely MTOM.

Dan

On Jun 5, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Bharath Thippireddy wrote:

> We have a requirement where in we have export/import xml files.Since
> we do
> not deal with any binary data ,is it a standard to use MTOM now or
> is Soap
> With attachments the right way to go?
>
> thanks and regards,
> Bharath