Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2008/02/23 01:49:37 UTC

Re: svn commit: r630317 - in /incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src: main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/provider/ test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/model/ test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/provider/

Am Freitag, den 22.02.2008, 20:59 +0000 schrieb dkulp@apache.org:
> Author: dkulp
> Date: Fri Feb 22 12:59:45 2008
> New Revision: 630317

> Log:
> Forgot to svn add some files
>
> Added:
>     incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/provider/MediaTypeHeaderProvider.java   (with props)
>     incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/model/OperationResourceInfoTest.java   (with props)
>     incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/provider/MediaTypeHeaderProviderTest.java   (with props)

BTW, what does "(with props)" mean?

Glen

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday 22 February 2008, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 22.02.2008, 20:59 +0000 schrieb dkulp@apache.org:
> > Author: dkulp
> > Date: Fri Feb 22 12:59:45 2008
> > New Revision: 630317

> > Log:
> > Forgot to svn add some files
> >
> > Added:
> >
> > incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/j
> >axrs/provider/MediaTypeHeaderProvider.java   (with props)
> > incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/j
> >axrs/model/OperationResourceInfoTest.java   (with props)
> > incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/j
> >axrs/provider/MediaTypeHeaderProviderTest.java   (with props)
>
> BTW, what does "(with props)" mean?
>
> Glen

If you scroll down the commit message furthur, you see things like:

Propchange:
incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/provider/MediaTypeHeaderProvider.java
    svn:eol-style = native

Basically, every object in svn can have properties attached to them.  See
the commands "svn propedit", "svn propset", etc...   For the most part,
I like to have the svn:eol-style = native set on everything as it works
better on Windows/Unix and stuff.   You'll see props like mime types
(useful when browsing the svn repo with your web browser), keywords,
etc...   The important one has normally been the eol-style.   Lots of
editors have issues if that isn't set.  (example: notepad on windows
will display entire files on one line if the file came from a Unix user.
Some versions of emacs on linux/unix will display ^M things on every
line for files coming from windows folks.)

Actually, I have a script that goes through and makes sure all the
properties are set.   I haven't run it in quite a while.   Probably
should.   Thanks for reminding me.   Expect a gigantic commit to fix
them all.  :-)

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA