Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/08 18:29:54 UTC

site-to-site timeout

It was observed in Apache NiFi 0.x that when the NCM goes down or becomes
unavailable, data being sent to the cluster via site-to-site continues to
flow to the Nodes for 24 hours. There is a state file
NIFI_HOME/conf/state/{RPG-UUID}.peers. When this file becomes > 24 hours
old, the site-to-site communication finally stops.

First, can you confirm this is an accurate observation? Second, where in
the code can I find this? Lastly, and most importantly, does this behavior
apply to 1.x since there is no longer an NCM?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: site-to-site timeout

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for confirming. As this question was mostly for 1.x, I'm happy to
hear (and further read into your statement) that site-to-site will
continuously function on surviving Nodes even if one or more Nodes go down.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: site-to-site timeout

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.