Posted to users@maven.apache.org by neil hart <ne...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/12 20:26:04 UTC

Faster release:perform

By default release:perform does a site:deploy-site.  This builds all of the
reports, etc.  I'd like to limit it to do just deploying the jars that are
created by:

   - mvn jar:jar

   - mvn jar:test-jar

   - mvn source:jar

   - mvn source:test-jar

Basically override the goals.  How do I do that in the pom.xml.

Also the jar and test-jar can be deployed by using deploy, but there isn't
anything form deploying the source jars.  Is there something else I can use.

Thanks.

Re: Faster release:perform

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You can probably achieve what you're looking for with 2 profiles: one
that you use when when you want to do release:perform and another for
all other times.

I don't believe the site plugin has a skip configuration element like
maven.test.skip but I've discussed adding a skip property to all
plugins on Maven Dev, and it would certainly solve problems for some
people, or at least simplify things. But I'm not sure if this will
ever happen. ;-)

Wayne