Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Forden, David Keith" <Da...@epiqus.com> on 2001/04/17 05:31:54 UTC

Business Interface Abstract Data Types in SOAP

We would like to define abstract data types for our business interfaces in
SOAP. I have looked at the SOAPMappingRegistry class and it appears that
this class supports serialization and deserialization of SOAP types. Is it
possible (similar to Sun XDR) to define a new class derived from the
SOAPMappingRegistry class that defines ADTs and the marshalling routines
that simply call the marshallers for the base types ? If so then how would
one go about that (in detail please)?

This is one of the most powerful features of XDR and I hope that I can do
this with SOAP.

TIA

Dave