Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2005/09/11 15:19:56 UTC

T4: i18n

Hi,

I'm noticing that in the absence of a page spec that Tapestry will
not use a properties file that's in the same directory as the HTML
file.  Is this intended or a bug?  I wasn't really following the
localization section of the user guide, so I don't really know how
the search proceeds.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: T4: i18n

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
On Sep 11, 2005, at 9:19 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> I'm noticing that in the absence of a page spec that Tapestry will
> not use a properties file that's in the same directory as the HTML
> file.  Is this intended or a bug?  I wasn't really following the
> localization section of the user guide, so I don't really know how
> the search proceeds.

Sorry to be annoying, but anyone have any thoughts on this?  If not,
I'll open a JIRA issue for it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: T4: i18n

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
On Sep 13, 2005, at 12:52 PM, Marcus Brito wrote:

> Your properties file should be in the same directory as the page spec,
> or if it doesn't exist, on the same directory as the spec would be, if
> it existed. In other words, the property file should be under WEB-INF,
> and named after your page.

As far as I know, there's no requirement for everything to be in WEB-
INF.

In this particular case, I have something like:

context/store/Store.html
context/store/Store.properties

This way, the properties file will not be loaded (note that no page
spec is provided since it's not necessary).

Now, if I add a

context/store/Store.page

that pretty much does absolutely nothing, my i18n magically starts
working.

So, maybe what you suggest is correct, but it seems to me there is
really no requirement for stuff to be in WEB-INF/.  Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: T4: i18n

Posted by Marcus Brito <mb...@gmail.com>.
Kevin Menard <kmenard <at> servprise.com> writes:

> I'm noticing that in the absence of a page spec that Tapestry will
> not use a properties file that's in the same directory as the HTML
> file.  Is this intended or a bug?  I wasn't really following the
> localization section of the user guide, so I don't really know how
> the search proceeds.

Your properties file should be in the same directory as the page spec,
or if it doesn't exist, on the same directory as the spec would be, if
it existed. In other words, the property file should be under WEB-INF,
and named after your page.

-- Marcus Brito