Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2007/07/07 11:03:51 UTC

[ANN][Axis2] Axis2 1.3-RC1 release

Hi all,

I have upload Axis2 1.3 RC1 artifact into my apache home location [1] ,
please test and make sure all the JIRAs we marked as fixed are there in
the release , in addition to that if you find any issues with the
release please create a JIRA [2] , then we can fix that for next RC.
This release is based on the SVN version number of following projects.

Axiom  : - 553458
Neethi  : 553469
XML Schema : 553334

We have a number of major changes from 1.2 to 1.3 and most of them are
listed in  apache axis2 wiki [3]. We have fixed more about 350 JIRA
issues from 1.2 to 1.3 in addition to the following new feature additions  ;
- Clustering support
- Doc-lt/bare wsdl generation and run time support (RPC MRs can handle
doc-lit/ bare )
- Custom deployment support
- NIO transport integration

Our plan is to make Axis2 1.3 release as mush as stable and robust, so
please help us by reviewing this release candidate.

[1] : http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.3-RC1/
[2] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2
[3] : http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/changesfrom1.2to1.3

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [ANN][Axis2] Axis2 1.3-RC1 release

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
Deepal, can we get the link the 1.3 RC1 on the main site? You
previously said that was a good idea. I think we all agree that
getting more RC usage by end users is a good idea, which so far hasn't
really happened too much.

Robert

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Deepal:

Do we at least have a tag on the SVN for these releases?

--Glen

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
> As for XMLSchema I posted a RC but did not tag the SVN. What should be
> the process in making an RC like this ? My understanding was that the
> build is made with any of the published RC's (in this case Axiom and
> XMLSchema) rather than snapshots.
>
> Ajith
>

> On 7/7/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
>> Deepal
>>
>> These are things I noted with the RC1:
>> 1. missing log4j JAR from lib
>> 2. better to add the lib folder itself to the start of the classpath
>> (axisserver.sh/bat) - this would help us place java keystores etc in the
>> lib for other purposes easily
>> 3. place default log4j.properties in lib
>>
>> These are not critical bugs, but suggestions for improvement. So I am
>> not sure if you want to include these into axis2 at this stage or not..
>>
>> thanks
>> asankha
>>
>> Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have upload Axis2 1.3 RC1 artifact into my apache home location [1] ,
>> > please test and make sure all the JIRAs we marked as fixed are there in
>> > the release , in addition to that if you find any issues with the
>> > release please create a JIRA [2] , then we can fix that for next RC.
>> > This release is based on the SVN version number of following projects.
>> >
>> > Axiom  : - 553458
>> > Neethi  : 553469
>> > XML Schema : 553334
>> >
>> > We have a number of major changes from 1.2 to 1.3 and most of them are
>> > listed in  apache axis2 wiki [3]. We have fixed more about 350 JIRA
>> > issues from 1.2 to 1.3 in addition to the following new feature
>> additions  ;
>> > - Clustering support
>> > - Doc-lt/bare wsdl generation and run time support (RPC MRs can handle
>> > doc-lit/ bare )
>> > - Custom deployment support
>> > - NIO transport integration
>> >
>> > Our plan is to make Axis2 1.3 release as mush as stable and robust, so
>> > please help us by reviewing this release candidate.
>> >

>> > [1] : http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.3-RC1/
>> > [2] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2
>> > [3] : http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/changesfrom1.2to1.3
>> >

>> > Thanks
>> > Deepal

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [ANN][Axis2] Axis2 1.3-RC1 release

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Ajith ,

The only reason behind releasing RC with SNAPSHOT is to avoid putting
temporary repository  into pom.xml . If we changed Axiom ,XMLScheam  and
Neethi into their RCs' then I had to add two temporary locations  ,
that is why I released  RC1 with snapshots.

Dims , is there any way that we can host RC's in ws zone or somewhere ?
, then we everyone can upload the RCs to there.

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
As for XMLSchema I posted a RC but did not tag the SVN. What should be
the process in making an RC like this ? My understanding was that the
build is made with any of the published RC's (in this case Axiom and
XMLSchema) rather than snapshots.

Ajith

On 7/7/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Deepal
>
> These are things I noted with the RC1:
> 1. missing log4j JAR from lib
> 2. better to add the lib folder itself to the start of the classpath
> (axisserver.sh/bat) - this would help us place java keystores etc in the
> lib for other purposes easily
> 3. place default log4j.properties in lib
>
> These are not critical bugs, but suggestions for improvement. So I am
> not sure if you want to include these into axis2 at this stage or not..
>
> thanks
> asankha
>
> Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have upload Axis2 1.3 RC1 artifact into my apache home location [1] ,
> > please test and make sure all the JIRAs we marked as fixed are there in
> > the release , in addition to that if you find any issues with the
> > release please create a JIRA [2] , then we can fix that for next RC.
> > This release is based on the SVN version number of following projects.
> >
> > Axiom  : - 553458
> > Neethi  : 553469
> > XML Schema : 553334
> >
> > We have a number of major changes from 1.2 to 1.3 and most of them are
> > listed in  apache axis2 wiki [3]. We have fixed more about 350 JIRA
> > issues from 1.2 to 1.3 in addition to the following new feature additions  ;
> > - Clustering support
> > - Doc-lt/bare wsdl generation and run time support (RPC MRs can handle
> > doc-lit/ bare )
> > - Custom deployment support
> > - NIO transport integration
> >
> > Our plan is to make Axis2 1.3 release as mush as stable and robust, so
> > please help us by reviewing this release candidate.
> >

> > [1] : http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.3-RC1/
> > [2] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2
> > [3] : http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/changesfrom1.2to1.3
> >

> > Thanks