Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by julien bloit <Ju...@ircam.fr> on 2003/12/15 16:30:01 UTC

ESQL : creating dynamic elements ?

I'm building a database request using ESQL. Let's say I have a table with
two columns in the table i'm requesting. This is the xsp snippet I use to
get the results from the request :

<esql:results>
     <esql:row-results>
          <first_table_col_1>
                <esql:get-string column="1"/>
                <xsp:attribute name="first_table_col2">
                    <esql:get-string column="2"/>
                </xsp:attribute>
            </first_table_col_1>
        </esql:row-results>
</esql:results>

This works, but as I want this code to be dynamic in order to be used with
other tables, I need my column element name (the currently static
"<first_table_col_1>" element) to be created with the requested column name.
The same logic would apply for the 'name' attribute in the 'xsp:attribute'
element. I don't know if this is possible, using the esql logicsheet.

any ideas?

Thank you,
Julien