Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by David Dixon-Peugh <dp...@mindspring.com> on 2002/01/20 01:09:37 UTC

Off Topic ClassLoader Question

I know this is off-topic, but I figure everyone
around here is intimately familiar with ClassLoaders
and may be able to provide some insight.  (Solving
this problem may lead to some BCEL stuff in the
future though.)

I am trying to get a Class to load which uses a
different "java/lang/System" class from the rest
of the world.

Basically, instead of having java/lang/System[bootstrap]
it would have a java/lang/System[CmdLoader] (where
CmdLoader is the loader of the class.)

Now, I've implemented the ClassLoader so it always takes
first crack at loading the classes, so it should be
able to jump in when System is attempted to be loaded.

However, my ClassLoader never gets a chance to define
System.  (It does get a chance to load java/lang/Object
though.)

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

DDP