Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lars Eirik Rønning <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/07 16:25:28 UTC

issues with batik when transcoding

Hi. I get the following error when trying to run batik.1.7 on freebsd..
n element <image> can't be opened because:
JPEG URL is corrupt or unsupported variant
        at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(SVGAbstractTranscoder.java:227)
        at
org.apache.fop.svg.PDFTranscoder.transcode(PDFTranscoder.java:140)
        at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:142)
        at org.apache.batik.tr

the goal is to output pdffiles.
Xmx is currently set to 512 mb..
I am currently using pdftranscoder included in the binary release of
batik.1.7 , because i have problems when running fop.0.95 on freebsd with
jdk1.6.0
When running a base64encoder with fop0.95 i get a huge output which only
give me the base64 line, but does not include the .jpg image in the pdf as
it crashes.

Have you any good ideas on what i can do to fix this.. Is it better to not
use base64 encoding.. could this be major overhead (seems strange)

The same thing does not happen when i run it on windows, although i have
also expereienced problem when running with less than 300mb ram (which seems
a lo)

Lars Eirik