Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Keith Wong <kw...@dominocomp.com> on 2002/07/11 02:53:04 UTC

Path question HELP!!!

Hi all,
I'm newbie on struts and I am getting problem on URL path problem, any help will be appreciated.

I am trying to creating a seperate directory on old app. and try to bring struts in. The old app. URL is www.myapp.com/apps and the new one I like to create is www.myapp.com/apps/admin, will be using struts under this directory. For sure, I config struts in wrong one and I am getting the error from Tomcat :
Here are some of code and config file:

in login.jsp:

in web.xml

    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

  <!-- Standard Action Servlet Mapping -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/apps/admin/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

in struts-config.xml

    <action    path="/login"
               type="com.myapp.admin.LoginAction"
               name="loginForm"
               scope="request"
               input="/admin/login.jsp"
         validate="true" >
      <forward name="success"              path="/admin/mainAdmin.jsp" redirect="true"/>
      <forward name="failure"              path="/admin/login.jsp"/>
    </action>

here is login.jsp generated by struts:

<base href="http://localhost/apps/admin/login.jsp">

<form name="loginForm" method="POST" action="/apps/apps/admin/login">

after I submit the user and password then i am getting this error.....

type Status report

message /admin/login.jsp

description The requested resource (/admin/login.jsp) is not available.

Thx,

Keith Wong