Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Venky Vasant <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/17 14:38:46 UTC

Tomcat5w GUI application

I have been using Tomcat5w GUI application since some time and today i hit an
issue with adding a new jar to the classpath.

The change i made was It was not getting saved.

I counted the characters and found out it was 1024, is this the max i can set  ?

How do i set if i have to go above this limit.

Thanks
Venkat

Re: Tomcat5w GUI application

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 5/19/2011 4:55 AM, Venky Vasant wrote:
> Chris
>
> Microsoft does call it as a type 4 driver, i am not sure though why there are
> some dll files in the installation folder.
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=99b21b65-e98f-4a61-b811-19912601fdc9
>

> Placing only sqljdbc.jar file under CATALINA_BASE/common worked.
>
> I need to confirm why dll files,  so my change does not impact anything.

Maybe for their management tools?

Posted by Venky Vasant <ve...@yahoo.com>.
Chris

________________________________

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Tomcat5w GUI application

Posted by Venky Vasant <ve...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you this worked.

However another question, i have jdbc drivers in the classpath, i tired
copying whole folder under WEB-INF it was not picked up.
i did not try copying the sqljdbc.jar right under web-inf as i am not very sure
of how other file like .dll get used.
any insight would help.

Regards
Venkat

________________________________
Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Venky Vasant <ve...@yahoo.com>.
Chuck

Thanks for the link, i will have to try this late evening today when users log
off

Couple of questions

1. So i leave classpath blank on the GUI on the Java tab ?

2. All my jars on \Apache-tomcat-5.5.23\webapps\WebProxy\lib, not sure if it
will still pull based on the list i see

************
Therefore, from the perspective of a web application, class or resource loading
looks in the following repositories, in this order:
	* Bootstrap classes of your JVM
	* System class loader classes (described above)
	* /WEB-INF/classes of your web application
	* /WEB-INF/lib/*.jar of your web application
	* $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes
	* $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed/*.jar
	* $CATALINA_HOME/common/i18n/*.jar
	* $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/*.jar