Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2018/07/31 09:16:10 UTC

Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon NA in Montreal

Hi Everyone

Our great ApacheCon NA conference will be running from 24th - 27th September 2018 in Montreal.

We are looking for volunteers to help out with the setup and staffing of the Apache booth during the conference. The ASF booth is always a great hub of activity and also a central meeting point. So the main booth duties will be talking to attendees about the ASF and handing out stickers, leaflets or giveaways.

If you’d like to spend time on the booth talking to attendees to help promote your project and grow your community then even giving up 30 minutes or an hour of your time will be welcome. The greater project coverage the better as we often have people wanting to talk about specific projects.

I’ve started drafting a wiki page to help with the booth planning and am happy to have any suggestions for improvement!

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/ApacheCon+NA+2018

So please respond to this thread or add your details to the wiki page if you are available and would like to help out with this.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon NA in Montreal

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
That's great! Thanks Kevin

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks Adina and I hope things are going well with Rya :-)

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.
Hi Sharan,

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Rafael

Thanks Rafael - I've added you so you should have permission for the wiki now. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Please plan that I will help as much as possible.  I have a vacay request
> in for the time off and hope to meet with sponsors as well.
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018, 05:16 Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone
> >
> > Our great ApacheCon NA conference will be running from 24th - 27th
> > September 2018 in Montreal.
> >
> > We are looking for volunteers to help out with the setup and staffing of
> > the Apache booth during the conference. The ASF booth is always a great
> hub
> > of activity and also a central meeting point. So the main booth duties
> will
> > be talking to attendees about the ASF and handing out stickers, leaflets
> or
> > giveaways.
> >
> > If you’d like to spend time on the booth talking to attendees to help
> > promote your project and grow your community then even giving up 30
> minutes
> > or an hour of your time will be welcome. The greater project coverage the
> > better as we often have people wanting to talk about specific projects.
> >
> > I’ve started drafting a wiki page to help with the booth planning and am
> > happy to have any suggestions for improvement!
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/ApacheCon+NA+2018
> >
> > So please respond to this thread or add your details to the wiki page if
> > you are available and would like to help out with this.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sharan

Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon NA in Montreal

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pw Carey <pw...@gmail.com>.
Dear Folks:

Good morning and hope all is well way out North or South or East or even
West....

   1. Please Note: We'd like to help.....
   2. Volunteer.....
   3. is there any chance there is an upcoming OpenSource Event closer to
   Chicago and/or San Francisco.....
   4. or even somewhere in the Mid-West....

In closing, keep up the good work and our best wishes, too....

Pw McKenna Carey

Respectfully yours,
Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
Pw McKenna Carey
Cybersecurity GRC Forensic Auditor, CISA, CISSP & FASB
Raland Compliance Partners, LLC
1250 South Grove Ave.
Suite 200
Barrington, Illinois 60010 USA
San Francisco-Chicago-Boston & Best, NL
e-Mail pwc.pwcarey@gmail.com-pw.mckenna.carey@gmail.com or
tc-pcarey@raland.com
Tel.  : 1-650-278-3731 or 1-585-282-0921x803
Fax   : 1-847-683-1371
http://www.complysys.com

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 5:16 AM, Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> Our great ApacheCon NA conference will be running from 24th - 27th
> September 2018 in Montreal.
>
> We are looking for volunteers to help out with the setup and staffing of
> the Apache booth during the conference. The ASF booth is always a great hub
> of activity and also a central meeting point. So the main booth duties will
> be talking to attendees about the ASF and handing out stickers, leaflets or
> giveaways.
>
> If you’d like to spend time on the booth talking to attendees to help
> promote your project and grow your community then even giving up 30 minutes
> or an hour of your time will be welcome. The greater project coverage the
> better as we often have people wanting to talk about specific projects.
>
> I’ve started drafting a wiki page to help with the booth planning and am
> happy to have any suggestions for improvement!
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/ApacheCon+NA+2018
>
> So please respond to this thread or add your details to the wiki page if
> you are available and would like to help out with this.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Re: Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon NA in Montreal

Posted by sh...@apache.org.
Hi Adina

Done! If you have any problems - let me know

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.
Sharan,

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks Daniel!

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks Trevor! :-)

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Happy to help!

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net>.
Hi, Sharan. Count me in!

回复:Re: 回复:Re: 回复:Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon NA in Montreal

Posted by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Sharan, Thanks.
Ted

发自 Android 版 Yahoo 邮箱

  2018 年 8 月 20 日周一 6:12,Sharan Foga<sh...@apache.org> 写道:   Hi Ted

Thanks again and I've added your details to the wiki page.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: ���������Re: ���������Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon NA in Montreal

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Ted

Posted by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.