Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2015/12/01 22:31:59 UTC

a quick status update on uv3 experiment

Hi,

The version in the branch for this is beginning to come to life; many test cases
are now running.

The major items yet to be done include binary (plain and compressed) and vinci
serialization, and working out a good strategy and set of tools for PEARs and
JCasGen.  I'll probably work on binary serialization next.

-Marshall

Re: a quick status update on uv3 experiment

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Another caution - because of ongoing major development in this branch, the
snapshot you get probably has a large number of non-compiling files (e.g. the
binary serialization ones, not done yet), and may be in a "broken" state from
time to time as things get tried and checked in...

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Other things to be aware of:

v3 requires a re-generate of the JCas cover classes.  The regenerate may not
work properly with previously created JCas cover classes that have customization
(hasn't been tested).

v3 also changes (slightly) a bunch of the public APIs.  Some of these changes
may require changes in the using code.  Compatibility "packages" to mitigate
this haven't been done (yet).

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.