Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com> on 2001/05/22 07:16:03 UTC

Apache SOAP v2.2 Release Candidate 1 Posted

Hi All,

Version 2.2 Release Candidate 1 has been posted at:
http://xml.apache.org/soap

There is a list of changes posted, and the docs have been vastly improved
(thanks to Bill, Jonathan, Sanjiva, Paco, and others...).

The code does not function correctly with Xerces v1.3.1 due to some
documented bugs in their namespace support. We are in the process of
checking into viable workaround, but for now, assume it will not work with
Xerces v1.3.1.

Note that the code is now fully JAXP-enabled, so any JAXP-compliant parser
can be used on both the client and the server side.

Anybody who posted information about specific bugs and features should
please check to see that the current behavior is as expected.

Also, the docs will be updated some more before the release.

Thanks to everyone who submitted bugs (features), patches, suggestions, and
comments. If you see work that was related to patches or fixes you
submitted, and credit was not given, please send me an email and I will give
appropriate credit.

-Matt