Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com> on 2007/10/04 17:59:41 UTC

Re: [5.0.6-SNAPSHOT] Bug? isTraceEnabled missing when I switch to slf4j

Christian Koeberl wrote:
>> followup.  Strange thing is - looking at the actuall log4j.Logger - it
>> has an isTraceEnabled, so I'm really unclear as to why this would
>> happen.
>>
> The problem is the log4j lib in the Jetty ext directory - replace it with
> the newer log4j (1.2.12 or higher) version.

I just spent a moment in this very problem, but the solution was
something else, so if it may help other...

I use Jetty 6.1.5 with jetty launcher, and for that configuration you
have to DL and drop "slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar" and "slf4j-simple-1.4.3.jar"
to  lib/jsp-2.1 directory. And to set my mind at rest, I also deleted
previous version of slf4j from lib/jsp-2.0 directory.

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE