Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Magnus Jansson <Ad...@vaddo.fhsk.se> on 2001/05/03 18:46:52 UTC

Re: How is your knowledge

First:

I'm sorry that I have insulted all you people here in the group, but after three tries without a single comment I had to try something. A reply with the comment: Read the archive on http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&r=1&w=2 had saved this list from my insult.

Second:

I've got my answer. Thank you a million times (and again sorry)

In some of the answers I was recommended to use Linux wich is a very good alternative.

Please don't start with recommendations to use a specific os. There are going to be a platform war here sooner or later, I know from a HTML list i'm in. Under three weeks the only thing was a platform war

But there are some things about using NetWare in my environment that I cant find on other Os:es for example using virtual homedirectories on other servers, when someone uses the /~username in a url I look into a folder in that users homedirectory witch is on another servers and some servers is over a wan link (those servers are of course NetWare). I use Ftp like that too. I'ts things like that that makes me use NetWare, Apache and now TomCat. NDS is another huge reason using NetWare. Another thing is I dont have time to learn Linux enough to make the server safe, and I dont want to use MS products more than I absolutely have to.

Some people wrote that I was sending to the user wich is wrong, I sent to the mail list.

I didn't know there was an archive for the mailing list. I do now and will search there before sending a question.

I think it's bad that there are nothing about using TomCat on NetWare in the manuals. Novell have a product called Novell Portal Services wich is running on Apache and TomCat (even on NetWare), but all documents there say you'll use a strttc12.ncf file to start TomCat and that file comes with NPS.

Have a nice day

Re: How is your knowledge

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Thu, 3 May 2001, Magnus Jansson wrote:

[ ... ]
> I think it's bad that there are nothing about using TomCat on
> NetWare in the manuals.
[ ... ]

Well, perhaps this would be a good opportunity for you to contribute
it, seeing as how there's not much there and you're working through
things.  That's what an open source, user contributed project is all
about :-).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu