Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by seb hould <ap...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/04 01:49:58 UTC

[users@httpd] TCP 443 cheat

Does anyone know how to get around this problem:

I host http and https websites on my webserver behind a firewall
(mapped). This webserver will be down for maintenance and during this
period I want all TCP 80 and 443 requests to be forwarded to another
(minimum settings without ssl module) httpd server installed
temporarily. This will be easily done on the firewall but while
testing I cannot figure out how to have the teporary httpd listen on
443 and respond even though the server doesnt have ssl. Basically I
want all the https requests to be treated as regular http requests. Is
there any way to do this?

thanks

Re: [users@httpd] TCP 443 cheat

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
no, there isn't. as https isn't http, apache would get some binarry stuff
and would never know what to do with it. the only way is to setup mod_ssl,
but i don't think this should be such a big deal. this server could of cause
ridirect clients to use http, but first it has to use https. perhaps you
could use a wrapper like stunnel, but i don't think it will work with so
many requests and in the time you would need to setup this, you can also
setup mod_ssl.
Ralf