Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Richard Landon <RL...@youbet.com> on 2000/08/04 19:17:47 UTC

Optional tasks/components: HOW-TO

How do I acquire and incorporate optional tasks and components into my local
ANT build?
I need to do some work with the optional VSS tasks, and I am wondering about
things like NetRexx and etc.

Re: Optional tasks/components: HOW-TO

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 RL> How do I acquire and incorporate optional tasks and components
 RL> into my local ANT build?

Several possibilities:

(1) Build from sources. The Ant version you get will incorporate all
optional tasks that were possible to compile (i.e. Ant will
incorporate the <netrexxc> task if you have NetRexxC.zip in your
CLASSPATH, same for <script> and bsf.jar ...). <vssget> doesn't depend
on anything (to compile) and will always be built.

(2) If you are using Ant1.1, fetch the optional.jar from the binary
distribution point and stuff it into $ANT_HOME/lib.

Stefan