Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2021/03/30 10:29:33 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 3.0.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 3.0.0 of
Apache Flink Stateful Functions, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

**Testing Guideline**

You can find here [1] a page in the project wiki on instructions for
testing.
To cast a vote, it is not necessary to perform all listed checks,
but please mention which checks you have performed when voting.

**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Stateful Functions canonical source distribution, to be deployed to the
release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Stateful Functions Python SDK distributions to be deployed to PyPI
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository
d) New Dockerfiles for the release

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [3]

All artifacts are signed with the key
1C1E2394D3194E1944613488F320986D35C33D6A [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag “release-3.0.0-rc1” [6]
* PR for the new Dockerfiles [7]

**Vote Duration**

The voting time will run for at least 72 hours. I’m targeting this vote to
last until April. 2nd, 12pm CET.
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Gordon

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+Stateful+Functions+Release
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-statefun-3.0.0-rc1/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1415/
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12348822
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun/tree/release-3.0.0-rc1
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun-docker/pull/13

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 3.0.0, release candidate #1

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Thanks for voting and testing everyone!

We have a total of 6 +1 votes, 3 of which are binding:
- Igal Shilman
- Gordon Tai (binding)
- Konstantin Knauf
- Seth Wiesman
- Yu Li (binding)
- Robert Metzger (binding)

I'll proceed now with finalizing the release of StateFun 3.0.0.
The official announcement will likely happen next week, as we're finishing
up with the announcement blog post which would probably also take a few
days to be reviewed.

Thanks,
Gordon

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.