Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by a....@farn-ct.ac.uk on 2000/03/30 17:08:40 UTC

whatCanGoHere

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify Farnborough College of Technology.
E-mail:  postmaster@farn-ct.ac.uk

[let me know if this question is too dim for this list]
As far as I can make out DTDValidator.whatCanGoHere refers to
the grammar, rather than the DOM. A method that generates an
array (etc) of valid children that can be *added* in a (possibly
incomplete) DOM would be quite handy for XML-generating user
tools. Likewise whether an element could be removed without
invalidating the document. Similarly for finding out possible
attributes that can be *addded* (both names and enumerated
values).

Anyone got the time to put me straight: can this be done already or
am I irredemably up a gum tree or just plain confused?