Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wo...@pta.de on 2008/01/25 14:49:31 UTC

[Trinidad] Is there a way to always force JSF life cycle validation on tr input components ?

Hi,

Here is a strange issue: because we need to integrate various message
sources and display their messages in
several special custom-made visual components, we cannot make use of
tr:messages. The approach works fine
with the SUN JSF RI 1.2 input components.

However, for Trinidad input components, such as tr:inputDate, when
validation fails, e.g. thru typing

25.0x.2008

one gets a client-side JS popup window. If I add tr:messages in an
invisible style the window disappears. However, standard JSF validation as
part of the JSF life cycle does not take place. Note that for submit I use

textAndAccessKey="&amp;1:Anzeigen" action="#{TC2121Controller.isQueryData}"
/>

i.e. PPR is part of the game but I cannot work without it for performance
reasons.

So my question: How could I get the standard JSF life cycle going?

Thanks,Wolfgang.

PTA Programmier-Technische Arbeiten GmbH
Seckenheimer Str. 65-67, 68165 Mannheim
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 1139
USt-IdNr.: DE 143 839 368
Geschäftsführer:
Dipl.-Ing. Peter Fischer
Dr. Harald W. Busch
Dipl.-Kfm. Knut Fischer

http://www.pta.de
Mit 1543 Erfahrungsberichten aus 39 Jahren erfolgreicher Projektarbeit!