Posted to users@maven.apache.org by je...@accenture.com on 2007/02/15 10:43:49 UTC

tomcat-maven-plugin remote deploy

Hi,

I'm using the sandbox Tomcat Maven Plugin 1.0-SNAPSHOT.

I have some questions concerning the deployment of a war file.

I have a directory where, from time to time, new Builds are stored.

The dir looks like:

            DIR

              |-------- Build_001_Dir

              |-------- Build_002_Dir

              |                     |---------------- x1.war

              |                     |---------------- x2.war

              |-------- ...

Now I want to have a little script or something that uses the Tomcat
Maven Plugin, to deploy one of the war files in a specified Build Dir.

For example I want to deploy x1.war from Build_002_Dir.

I can specify the <warFile>path to Build_002_Dir\x1.war</warFile> inside
my configuration of the Tomcat Maven Plugin.

But I can't get it to work properly.

Every time I run mvn tomcat:deploy, the project of my pom gets build and
deployed on my remote tomcat server.

I don't want that, I want the specified war file to be deployed.

The plugin needs a project, so I can't figure out how to deploy a
certain war to my Tomcat server, instead of the project the pom belongs
to.

Can you help me ?

Thx

Jelle