Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Pydipati, Karuna" <kp...@stubhub.com> on 2009/11/10 00:48:58 UTC

CXF and Custom Annotation

Hi

I have a weird issue. I have a JAX-WS java-first webservice using CXF
and Spring. I have WebServiceContext in my Implementer class. Here is
snippet of my Implementer class

@WebService(endpointInterface = "com.xxx.ws.soap.XXXService",
serviceName = "XXXService")
@WebFault(targetNamespace = "com.xxx.ws.soap", name = "XXXFault",
faultBean = "XXXFault")
public class XXXServiceImpl implements XXXService {

 @Resource
 private WebServiceContext webServiceContext;

 @Throttle
 public PatientMatchResp getSomeMethod()
    throws ApplicationFault {
 }

I have a custom annotation @Throttle and would like to do some work
(basically throttling the method such as way that this service is not
abused by users when exposed to public) on that method using Spring AOP.

1) My issue is when I started my Tomcat with this implementation, I am
getting this error. Again, this is at the startup time of Tomcat time.
Not at some invocation of webservice time. If I comment either
WebServiceContext OR @Throttle, then, things are OK. Why is my custom
annotation is giving problem for CXF startup?

2) Second questions is.. is there a easy way to get hold of
HttpServletRequest into my Aspect (Spring AOP). I don't know whether
this is a right forum or not. Currently, I am trying to get hold of
WebServiceContext using reflections API in my Aspect class and trying to
get HttpServletRequest. Is there an example where I can write a CXF
Handler/Filter and put WebServiceContext  into ThreadLocal so that I can
get it wherever I want down-the-line(here..in this case my Aspect
class)?

Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Creation of Endpoint failed
 at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean.init(JaxWsServerFactoryBean.
java:181)
 at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean.create(JaxWsServerFactoryBea
n.java:168)
 at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.getServer(EndpointImpl.java:346)
 at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.doPublish(EndpointImpl.java:259)
 at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.publish(EndpointImpl.java:209)
 at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.publish(EndpointImpl.java:404)
 at
a:39)
 at
Impl.java:25)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1413
)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1374)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1334)
 ... 39 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
 at
sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.ensureObj(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.ja
va:37)
 at
sun.reflect.UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.set(UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorI
mpl.java:57)
 at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Field.java:656)
 at
org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector.injectField(ResourceInj
ector.java:283)
 at
org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector.visitField(ResourceInje
ctor.java:167)
 at
org.apache.cxf.common.annotation.AnnotationProcessor.processFields(Annot
ationProcessor.java:101)
 at
org.apache.cxf.common.annotation.AnnotationProcessor.accept(AnnotationPr
ocessor.java:69)
 at
org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector.inject(ResourceInjector
.java:81)
 at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean.injectResources(JaxWsServerF
actoryBean.java:221)
 at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean.init(JaxWsServerFactoryBean.
java:175)
 ... 51 more
Nov 9, 2009 3:32:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

Regards

Karuna Pydipati

StubHub/eBay - Platform & Services

Phone: (415)222-8752

Email: kpydipati@ebay.com <ma...@ebay.com>

Re: CXF and Custom Annotation

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Most likely, what is happening, is that the AOP stuff is hiding the private
field behind a proxy or similar which is preventing it from being injected.
You could probably get around it by doing:
private WebServiceContext webServiceContext;
@Resouce
public void setWebServiceContext(WebServiceContext ctx) {
     webServiceContext = ctx.
}
By going through a public method, the proxy should be able to proxy that as
well.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp