Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <sb...@stason.org> on 2000/06/07 21:21:59 UTC

[performance posts] disclaimer

Folks, all the benchmarks and conclusions that I post are not coming as a
bite flame. Let me summarize it in two words:

  I want people to be able to optimize their code when they want to. I
  just show how to do it and what are the good places to look at.

If you don't want/need to optimize, that's fine. I post these benchmarks
so you'd check for the possible fairness flaws/mistakes in my benchmarks.
So far Tim Bunce and a few other folks were of the biggest help, pointing
out the flaws.

As for Barrie's comment about 20-80 rule of thumb (how they call it in the
university :) that's where the Profiling sections comes to help and all
the benchmarks of course...

Have a nice mod_perl :)

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org