Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by "Chaojun Liang (chaojun)" <ch...@cisco.com> on 2007/02/09 03:29:30 UTC

Qpid hello world?

Hi,

I am new to Qpid. I successfully built java Qpid broker and client. I
could start the broker also, but how do I start the client and send a
message to the broker?

There is no document on how to run the client.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chaojun

Re: Qpid hello world?

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Chaojun,

You should start off by having a look at the example classes provided,
instructions here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Example+Classes

Using Qpid, you write your own client code to connect to the broker instance
and send/receive messages usually via the JMS API. You don't actually run
the Qpid client code itself, but make use of it in your own application.

Hth,
Marnie