Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Satyanarayana Jampa <sj...@innominds.com> on 2018/06/07 15:28:42 UTC

unexpected version error - for custom components

Hi Team,

I have installed custom services using mstack and the below alert is observed:

"This alert is triggered if the server detects that there is a problem with the expected and reported version of a component. The alert is suppressed automatically during an upgrade."

What needs to be fixed to disable this alert. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Satya.

RE: unexpected version error - for custom components

Posted by Satyanarayana Jampa <sj...@innominds.com>.
Thanks for the info Hurley. Yes, I  mean mpack, not mstack ☺

I’m not sure if you meant mpack instead of mstack, but the alert below indicates that there are components installed which are not reporting the correct versions. It should tell you which components are wrong.

Normally, this happens with an mpack that has installed services which indicate they advertise a version when they really don’t. The fix here is to find the service’s metainfo.xml which was installed and look for <versionAdvertised>true</versionAdvertised> and set this to false.

Posted by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>.