Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2012/10/27 00:10:58 UTC

Commons Caching module: SLING-2555

Hi,

In [1] there is some discussion about  a caching bundle. The use case
(or user story if you like) is to allow applications written in Sling
to have a centralised place where they can cache things. There is
already an API in the portlet bundle that provides caching for
portlets, but it seems there is a  wider use case, which covers object
caching outside the core repository itself and page fragment caching.

Since I have come across this use case before in Sling, I have a
bundle that worked for me in the past[2]. Subject to checking that its
clean from an IPR and (c) perspective and getting permission from any
authors that might have created fragments of code within that bundle I
was thinking of bringing it into the whiteboard area to see if it
could be adapted to meet everyones needs.

WDYT ?

Ian

1 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2555
2 https://github.com/ieb/sparsemapcontent/tree/master/extensions/memory/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/nakamura/api/memory
which was ported from
https://github.com/sakaiproject/nakamura/tree/b9d8e65b733ec7c35a3d194c9a5dc12acf13cb34/bundles/memory
on September 26 2011.
The commit log appears to be clean.

Re: Commons Caching module: SLING-2555

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Tommaso,
Shout if there is anything that doesn't make sense or anything you
think should be changed. It would be nice to have a DirectMemory impl
to move the cache outside the JVM heap.
Ian

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <te...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.