Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/06/23 12:42:37 UTC

Cayenne RC2 released

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/2006/06/23/

Just posted an RC2 with a list of last minute bug fixes. Please
comment on the new "Quick Start" tutorial included in the docs (if
you think it sucks, please suggest specific improvements :-))

Andrus

Re: Cayenne RC2 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Good point. I just opened the upload request, you can register to
watch it in Jira:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-956

Andrus

Re: Cayenne RC2 released

Posted by Christoph Sturm <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
christoph.sturm@gmail.com

Re: Cayenne RC2 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Won't comment on the book, but if somebody is willing to write an
"Advanced Cayenne with XYZ" article, this would be totally cool.

At the very least we can publish it on our site, but we can offer it
to one of Java technology web sites. If there are volunteers to do
it, send me an article abstract - we'll see where this may fit.

Andrus

Re: Cayenne RC2 released

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@najdi.si>.

Re: Cayenne RC2 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yes, the 3.0 branch will be merged to HEAD and discontinued. At this
point we will rename all packages.

Andrus

Re: Cayenne RC2 released

Posted by Marcin Skladaniec <ma...@ish.com.au>.
Yes I'm joking, and I'm happy to hear that all bug fixes will go to
the new branch. Will package names in 3.0 branch be changed right
after version 1.2 will hit the road ?

Marcin

> On Jun 23, 2006, at 3:41 PM, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:
>
>> It is a pity that we can't use it, because we have to use cayenne
>> 3.0 nightly builds ;)
>
> Marcin,
>
> I know you are joking :-), but I just wanted to mention that all
> the bug fixes that go to HEAD will also go the 3.0 branch (but not
> the docs, tutorials and other supporting stuff).
>
> Andrus

<---------------------------------------
Cmoki
Smoki

Re: Cayenne RC2 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Cayenne RC2 released

Posted by Marcin Skladaniec <ma...@ish.com.au>.
Great !!
It is a pity that we can't use it, because we have to use cayenne 3.0
nightly builds ;)

Good work everyone !
Marcin

> http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/2006/06/23/
>
> Just posted an RC2 with a list of last minute bug fixes. Please
> comment on the new "Quick Start" tutorial included in the docs (if
> you think it sucks, please suggest specific improvements :-))
>
> Andrus

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001