Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2002/03/15 17:28:10 UTC

adding to the dream list

something I always wanted to have is better javadocs. Sure, between Java
1.0 and 1.1 there was an incredible improvement (have you ever seen the
Java 1.0 javadocs?) but they stopped working on it.

The best thing would be to have javadocs with a coherent look with the
rest of Forrest.... but using CSS alone doesn't work, we need more
freedom for transformations.

If you look here, you find an XML doclet that was donated to Cocoon and
moved to Alexandria.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-alexandria/src/java/org/apache/tools/doclet/xml/XMLDoclet.java

The DTD of the output generated from this doclet can be already found
inside forrest

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/dtd/javadoc-v04draft.dtd

Does anybody want to do a couple of stylesheets to transform that XML
into something more presentable?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.