Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Dong, Jonathan" <jo...@intel.com> on 2016/01/13 07:11:19 UTC

Cordova CLI with Cordova iOS

Hi folks,

I’m a plugin developer who is working on implementing a Cordova iOS plugin recently. As Cordova iOS 4.0 has been tagged, I’m planning to write my plugin based on the newly upgraded iOS plugin interface. But unfortunately I found Cordova CLI latest version v5.4.1 does not support Cordova iOS 4.0 above, when I added iOS v4.0.1 platform by ‘cordova platform add ios@4.0.1’ and then ‘cordova build —device ios’, it fails with the error message:

'Error: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined’

I’d like to know is there any plan for Cordova CLI to adopt Cordova iOS v4.0 above by default? Is it suitable to share the roadmap publicly? Thanks.

BR,

Jonathan Dong

Re: Cordova CLI with Cordova iOS

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
Cordova ios 4 works with the 5.4.1 CLI

The command is 'cordova build ios --device'

Next release of the CLI will have ios 4.x.x as default

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
Yes, there will be a new version of Cordova with updated versions of
cordova ios and cordova android.

However, I'm not sure if you problem is related to the cordova ios upgrade.
Can you post a full build log somewhere?

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald