Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 14:59:08 UTC

"Book release"

Once the 0.2-incubating release goes out the door, I'd like to propose
that the next release be considered a ManifoldCF in Action "book
release".  Basically this will mean that we need a release that is
consistent with the examples and explanations in the book, before the
book actually is done.  0.2-incubating does not work for this purpose
because half-a-dozen issues pertaining to the book were detected and
corrected since that release was frozen.  There are still some open
issues that should be addressed before the book release too is frozen.

I'd like people's thoughts on (a) the wisdom of this strategy, and (b)
what release number we should use for it.  My personal feeling is that
it would be great if it was a 1.0-incubating release, but I'm
comfortable with anything really.

Karl

Re: "Book release"

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Before we even consider a 0.3 release, though, we need to shepherd the
0.2 release through the incubator.  The vote has been open on the
general@incubator.a.o list for some 10 days now, with one +1 vote.  We
need two more.  The incubator folks say they are looking for our
mentors to vote on the incubator list.  So please consider doing so!

Thanks,
Karl

Re: "Book release"

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.