Posted to user@struts.apache.org by RogerV <ro...@googlemail.com> on 2010/12/13 16:30:18 UTC

Struts 2.2.1 and Tag Lib oddities

Hi

I've just upgraded to 2.2.1 from 2.1.8 and I guess I must have missed a
piece of documentation somewhere. My IDE (Eclipse Helios) is now flagging
all my .jsp files as being in error. Specifically, it complains that it
cannot find the tag library descriptor "/struts-tags" (<%@ taglib prefix="s"
uri="/struts-tags"%>)although this seems to have had no effect on deploying
them to Tomcat successfully. At first I thought I'd fsked up somewhere so I
reverted back to 2.1.8 and the problem dissappeared, going back to 2.2.1 the
problem re-appears, so it definitely struts related. I'm getting the same
problem with the sitemesh tags as well (<%@ taglib prefix="decorator"
uri="http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/decorator" %>)

Anyone got any idea as to what has changed?

Regards

Re: Struts 2.2.1 and Tag Lib oddities

Posted by Li Ying <li...@gmail.com>.
I think the tag-lib [/struts-tags] is defined in
[struts2-core-2.2.1.jar/META-INF/struts-tags.tld].

Can you see this file in your Eclipse, under the [Web App Libraries]?

Or, can you see the [Web App Libraries] in the [Java Build Path =>
Libraries] of your web-app?

Or, you can [refresh] your whole app, see if the errors remain.