Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2012/05/01 20:43:46 UTC

Re: httpd 2.4.2 - mod_proxy id name not unique

Let me look into that... iirc, it was due to us wanting to
be able to persist data between restarts and using the time
as part of the id prevented that. But I could be mis-remembering.

Posted by Zisis Lianas <Zi...@consol.de>.
Hi Jim,

ok, that looks reasonable.

So it would make sense to introduce something like a prefix
directive for "proxy_server_conf->id" (e.g. ProxyConfigIdPrefix)?
Otherwise we could use some unique host property for that prefix?

Also some relative directory directive for all slotmem files
in mod_proxy_balancer would be nice (ap_slotmem_provider_t->create).
Maybe "BalancerSlotmemDir". So DefaultRuntimeDir + BalancerSlotmemDir
would build up the path for the slotmem files.

Best regards,
Zisis

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
just my two cents: but would not ${localstatedir} perhaps followed by
hostname (or even (vhost) ServerName for virtual hosts be a nice default
path (and of course give a configureable widgit for anyone who does not
want to use a default.

Things that used to go to /tmp could go to something like
${localstatedir}/${servername}/tmp - etc.

Posted by Zisis Lianas <Zi...@consol.de>.
Ok, got it. So I will have to change the solution for 2.4 as
Jim described it (/var/shared/logs/system1, /var/shared/logs/system2, ...).

Jeff, Jim, thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
So on each system that shares a file system, use a different
value for DefaultRuntimeDir.

For example, if the shared mount point is /var/shared/logs
then have /var/shared/logs/system1, /var/shared/logs/system2, etc...

Posted by Zisis Lianas <Zi...@consol.de>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.