Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Knowles <ri...@knowleses.org> on 2006/05/15 11:18:29 UTC

mod_proxy_ajp and mod_unique_id

If this is on the wrong list, please redirect me: I wasn't sure exactly
where the responsibility for mod_proxy_ajp lies.

Until now I've been using mod_jk + mod_unique_id to pass an apache
generated unique request id, so that my webapp's and apache's log data
can be correlated. After switching to mod_proxy_ajp, the unique_id is no
longer passed over the ajp wire to tomcat. This is understandable, since
the request attribute concept in the AJP13 protocol isn't something that
would exist across all mod_proxy flavours (http for example).

There doesn't seem to be any name=value parameter for this purpose on
the ProxyPass directive. Is support for this deprecated, or is there
some way to pass the mod_unique_id to tomcat that I don't know about ?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Rick

--
Servlet v2.4 container in a single 160KB jar file ? Try Winstone (http://winstone.sourceforge.net/)