Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by yong jiang <yo...@telia.se> on 2002/07/29 16:40:59 UTC

how to push in Apache

Hi,

I'm writing a program that will automatically log out a user. basically
1.) a user uses a browser to get authenticated by a web server
2.) there is another background process at the server side which does some kind of checking (such as the user's credit is running out). If some conditions satisfy, it will logout this user. In that case, a notification message needs to send to the user.

My question is, how can this background process tells the Apache server to send this message.

/Yong