Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Viktor Szathmary <ph...@imapmail.org> on 2003/02/17 21:28:41 UTC

Tacos - Tapestry Component Repository

hi,

once upon a time some of us initiated a component repository project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/tacos), which kinda stalled due to time
constraints etc... since tapestry's strong point is reusable components,
i think it's very important to get this going at least on a basic level.
the former proposal
(http://tapestry.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/ComponentRepository)
however simple, apparently still takes too much time to implement at the
moment.. :)

many useful components are available, but they are kinda scattered all
over the place, new users to tapestry will not even know about them. so,
here's what i suggest for now:

 - we will provide downloadable JAR packages on the project site
 - let's start checking in component code into the Tacos repository (one
 module per component)
 - developer roles are already set up for many ppl, but let me know if
 you need access
 - perhaps we could use net.sf.tacos.* (eg. net.sf.tacos.table.xxx)
 - use the Apache License for all hosted components

so, if you have released components (eg. Mind Bridge, Tsvetelin, Misko
Hevery, etc) - please contact me, and let's make this happen :)

best regards,
        viktor

RE: Tacos - Tapestry Component Repository

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Sounds good to me!  Use of ASL will be a good idea I think.  I wish I had a
single free cycle to help contribute to this.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components