Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Martin Moss <ma...@btopenworld.com> on 2005/10/04 18:17:04 UTC

Embperl::Execute + mod_perl + POST

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with Getting Embperl's fdat to
work when I  call Embperl::Execute from within a mod
perl handler.

I want to do this:-
Embperl::Execute({
                #req_rec=>$self->request,

inputfile=>'/www/components/nav/htmlhead.epl',
                param     => [$config, $ad_tags],
                fdat => \%myfdat,
                output => \$html
            });

Where %myfdat is a hashref of the submitted
parameters, which further processing in mod_perl will
have ammended or altered, before passing to
Embperl::Execute...

My problem is...

When I do a print Dumper in the Executed epl, %fdat is
empty when data is POST'ed  - I've already read it, so
this is as expected, and the reason I need to pass
%FDAT into the execute.

Secondly whenever I make a GET request, the %fdat only
contains the original values...

So basically I conclude that the fdat parameter in the
Call to Embperl::Execute is obsolete...

I cannot find any documentation on your main
documentation website at
http://perl.apache.org/embperl

So can you tell me what I'm supposed to use?

Regards

Marty

RE: Embperl::Execute + mod_perl + POST

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> I'm having some issues with Getting Embperl's fdat to work
> when I  call Embperl::Execute from within a mod perl handler.
>
> I want to do this:-
> Embperl::Execute({
>                 #req_rec=>$self->request,
>
> inputfile=>'/www/components/nav/htmlhead.epl',
>                 param     => [$config, $ad_tags],
>                 fdat => \%myfdat,
>                 output => \$html
>             });
>
> Where %myfdat is a hashref of the submitted parameters, which
> further processing in mod_perl will have ammended or altered,
> before passing to Embperl::Execute...

That looks good to me. Doesn't it work?

> I cannot find any documentation on your main documentation
> website at http://perl.apache.org/embperl

It is still supported.

Documentation is here
http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/Config.-page-3-.htm#sect_84

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **