Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2011/09/18 21:51:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.34 Build

The builds for Tomcat 5.5.34 are ready for testing and approval.
The candidates binaries are available here:

 http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/

According to the release process, the 5.5.34 build corresponding to the
tag TOMCAT_5_5_34 [1] is:

[ ] Broken
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] Stable
+++

1. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc5.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_5_34/

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.34 Build

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/9/18 Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>:
> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.34 are ready for testing and approval.
> The candidates binaries are available here:
>
> [x] Stable

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.34 Build

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 23/09/2011 01:47, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> I see that the site has been already svn up'ed several hour ago.
>
> I uploaded the 5.5.34 docs, added version number to Bugzilla.
> So what remains is to send the announcement.
>
> I created HTML page for end-of-life announcement of 5.5. It will be here:
> (should appear online in an hour)
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-55-eol.html
>

> BTW: I was unable to delete old 6.0.32 docs, owned by jfclere. The
> permissions on them are odd.

I'll fix that now and remove the docs.

Mark

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Sep 18, 2011, at 3:51 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.34 are ready for testing and approval.
> The candidates binaries are available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/
>
> According to the release process, the 5.5.34 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_5_5_34 [1] is:
>
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable
> +++

My vote :)

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.34 Build

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 18.09.2011 21:51, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.34 are ready for testing and approval.
> The candidates binaries are available here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/
>
> According to the release process, the 5.5.34 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_5_5_34 [1] is:
>
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable
> +++

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
- src mostly consistent with svn tag
- builds fine
- build result looks consistent with binaries
- JMX MBean comparison with previous version OK

Build was done using Java 1.4.2_19, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc.

- Minor things:

  - additional build.xml included in top-level src tar and zip
    which is a duplicate of the one in the build/resources directory.

  - STATUS.txt in svn, but not in src tar and zip
    (I guess that's expected)

  - 4 errors in run-tester, same as for 5.5.33 (details see below)

  - Some javadoc warnings (same as 5.5.33) but AFAIK TC 5.5 was never
    100% clean for javadoc

Details for run-tester:

   [tester] FAIL [GET /tester/ErrorPage08?type=Arithmetic HTTP/1.0]
Expected data 'ErrorPage06 PASSED - SERVLET', got data 'ErrorPage06
FAILED - message is not correct'
   [tester] FAIL [GET /tester/WrappedErrorPage08?type=Arithmetic
HTTP/1.0] Expected data 'ErrorPage06 PASSED - SERVLET', got data
'ErrorPage06 FAILED - message is not correct'
   [tester] FAIL [GET /tester/ErrorPage08?type=Array HTTP/1.0] Expected
data 'ErrorPage06 PASSED - JSP', got data 'ErrorPage06 FAILED - message
is not correct'
   [tester] FAIL [GET /tester/WrappedErrorPage08?type=Array HTTP/1.0]
Expected data 'ErrorPage06 PASSED - JSP', got data 'ErrorPage06 FAILED -
message is not correct'

I can provide catalina.out if someone is interested in it (see also my
5.5.33 voting mail).

Regards,

Rainer